- 1kg firm ripe cherries, no blemishes
- 3 cups brandy
- 1 cup cranberry juice
- 2 cups white sugar
- Wash cherries & remove stems, do not remove seeds
- Carefully place cherries into sterilised jars
- Combine, brandy, sugar & juice
- Dissolve sugar over medium heat. DO NOT allow to boil or become too hot. Brandy is flammable and over-heating will destabilise for this function. Brandy is the preserving agent.
- Pour warm liquid over cherries, right to top.
- Seal jars.
- Stand in a well lit position for 1 week. Invert jars a few times a day.
- Store in a dark cool place for 6 months before opening.
*Note. Any remaining brandy, juice, sugar syrup is delicious mixed with champers over ice.